Bible Study 1 Corinthians 7:1-40
- In what ways have your views on marriage, sex or singleness been influenced by society and/or the Church?
Read 1 Corinthians 7:1-40
- What issues did the Corinthians need Paul to address? What areas were they struggling with?
- How do you think immorality affected the way Corinthian men and women related to each other? v. 2-5. How does immorality affect us today?
- How does Paul view marriage and singleness? v. 6 – 7.
- Why does Paul say that it is “better to marry, than to burn with passion?” v. 9
- How can the lack of self-control lead you to make an unwise decision to marry prematurely?
- Have you experienced any pressure to be married? How does knowing that this world is passing away help you to be more content in your current state? v. 29-31 Explain.
- Why do you think Paul considers singleness a “better” way even though he fully affirms marriage? v.38
- In what ways would you like to be more devoted to the things of the Lord? Can you identify things that might be a distraction?
- How has this study challenged you to prepare for marriage? What things will you consider before you marry?